Behringer DeepMind 6
The DeepMind 6 from Behringer is a true analog 6-voice polyphonic synthesizer well suited for professional musicians, synthesizer enthusiasts, or anyone looking to conjure up virtually any sound imaginable with finesse and ease. With two oscillators and two LFOs per voice, three ADSR envelope generators, four FX engines, an 8-channel modulation matrix, and a 32-step control sequencer, the DeepMind 6 offers complete control over your soundscape.
Oscillator 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse-width modulation, while oscillator 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with a unique tone modulation. With 12 oscillators at your disposal, a vast range of options becomes available, including the following oscillator modes: Unison 6, 4, 3, 2 Mono; Mono -2; Mono 4; Mono 6; and Poly. Additionally, the instrument features sync, oscillator drift, and parameter drift, which help create the much-sought-after warmth and movement found in vintage analog synthesizers, but with improved stability and reliability.
Each LFO has a range that extends into audio rates and features adjustable slew rate, modulation delay, key sync, assignable clock sync (internal or external MIDI), envelope auto-triggering, and delay and fade-in. There are seven waveforms to choose from, including Sine, Triangle, Square, Ramp Up, Ramp Down, Sample and Hold, and Sample and Glide.
There are 3 four-stage envelope generators (ADSR) per voice, and each is equipped with continuously variable curves for highly flexible results. Envelope trigger modes include: Legato, Mono, and Retrigger, which can be triggered by key, individual LFOs, or the control sequencer, and looped well into audio rates.
The four simultaneous FX engines include over 33 professional algorithms from TC Electronic, Midas, and Klark Teknik. Each effect is custom-designed and physically modeled after some of the more sought-after processors. All effects run inside the low-latency environment of the DeepMind 6, ensuring high performance and flexible routing.
The eight-channel modulation matrix includes 19 modulation sources and 130 destinations, which provide a multitude of modulation options. Modulate the reverb tail or compressor with the modulation wheel, or drive a distortion effect with an LFO or via aftertouch. The "press & hold" shortcuts make selection of those sources and destinations quick and easy.
The control sequencer features an adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync, and it allows for a 32-step pattern of values, which can vary from -127 to 127. Other parameters that can be controlled include note value, tie and length, slew, and swing. These can all be mapped as modulation sources to any of the available destinations.
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 6 true analog voices for fat and authentic sounds
- Four simultaneous TC Electronic and Klark Teknik FX with over 30 algorithms including TC DeepVRB, Ambience, Room Rev, VintageRm, Hall Rev, Chamber Rev, Plate Rev, Rich Plate, Gated Rev, Reverse, ChorusVerb, DelayVerb, FlangeVerb, 4 Band EQ, Enhancer, FairComp, MulBndDist, RackAmp, EdisonEX1, Auto-Pan, NoiseGate, Delay, 3-Tap Delay, 4-Tap Delay, Tel-Ray Delay, ModDlyRev, Chorus, Chorus-D, Flanger, Phaser, Mood Filter, Dual Pitch, and Rotary Speaker
- 6 voices with two OSCs per voice with oscillator-sync mode
- Two LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync, and envelope auto-triggering
- Three ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA, and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- 37 semi-weighted, full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and aftertouch
- Pure analog signal path based on classic VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse-width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low-pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential, and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread, and drift parameters featuring up to 6 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Polyphonic portamento with flexible
fixed rate, fixed time, and exponential pitch-glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user-configurable pattern modes. The arpeggiator can operate across up to 6 octaves, and you can choose from 32 preset rhythmic patterns with up to 32 steps and rests – or create and save your own. Modes of operation include: Up, Down, Up-Down, Up-Inv, Down-Inv, Up-Down-Inv, Up-Alt, Down-Alt, Rand, As-Played, and Chord
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analog tone
- Global variable 6 dB high-pass filter with powerful bass-boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches, and data-value slider for rapid menu-parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user-program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- Tablet remote control
- Limited 3-year warranty