Behringer ULTRABASS BX2000H 2,000-Watt Bass Amplifier
The ULTRABASS BX2000H 2,000-Watt Bass Amplifier from Behringer is a solid-state bass amplifier capable of up to 2,000 watts of output, designed for use both on stage and in the studio. It features a high-voltage MOSFET preamp, designed to provide tube tone. You can shape your sound via the integrated 5-band EQ and Shape Filter, while the on-board compressors with Behringer's DYNAMIZER power management provide parallel-style compression to tame your dynamics.
The BX2000H provides a variety of routing options for both live and studio purposes, including a post-EQ balanced XLR DI output, allowing you to send your shaped tone directly to a console or audio interface for recording. The amp's FX loops allows you to integrate external effects, while the footswitch input lets you use an optional footswitch for hands-free muting and FX loop toggling. Separate active and passive inputs assure correct impedance matching for a wide variety of bass guitars, both vintage and modern.
- Class-D Amplifier
- Thanks to its Class-D amplifier technology, Behringer is able to provide you with high power in a portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering energy efficiency and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and massive heat sinks.
This technology makes it possible to design and build powerful products that are lighter in weight than their traditional counterparts, while using less energy and protecting the environment
- MOSFET Preamp - High-Voltage, High-Headroom Tube Sound
- Behringer's high-voltage MOSFET preamplifier is designed to provide the sound, feel, and dynamics of an authentic tube amp. Like with real vacuum tubes, their new MOSFET design equally operates at high voltages, providing this preamp with ample headroom to honor all of your playing dynamics; from your subtly-nuanced signature riffs and bass lines, to your most powerful, attention-grabbing solos. The BX2000H is all about tone, and this versatile and responsive MOSFET preamp provides an abundance of headroom for crystal clear and faithful sound reproduction - no matter what style of music your gig calls for
- Studio-Quality Compressor
- The built-in compressor is based on classic and famous studio equipment from the '70s. This transparent and musical compressor design allows your full dynamic range to shine through until your signal reaches the compression threshold, which is indicated by the highly visible status LED.
The compressor increases sustain and gently smoothes out signal peaks, which is especially handy when you're laying down the funk, à la slap and pop - or hammering home your most aggressive metal lines. The resulting output level lets you unleash powerful and impact-laden bass lines, while still sitting right where you need to be in the mix
- DYNAMIZER Technology - The Secret Weapon
- What is known as Parallel Compression or "New York" compression, is a dynamic range compression technique used as a secret weapon in high-end sound recording and mixing. Parallel compression is achieved by mixing an unprocessed "dry," or lightly compressed, signal with a heavily compressed version of the same signal. Rather than bringing down the highest peaks for the purpose of dynamic gain reduction, it reduces the dynamic range by bringing up the softest sounds, adding audible detail. It is most often used on stereo percussion buses in recording and mix down, on electric bass, and on vocals in recorded and live concert mixes.
Now this technique is available to you! Behringer has integrated parallel compression in their DYNAMIZER technology to provide you with enhanced tone and dynamic control. By working directly with the amplifier, DYNAMIZER technology adds detail and powerful, fat punch, so your sound is spot on, whether you're playing super-soft - or at the extreme volume levels that push a dB-meter to the max. DYNAMIZER allows you to take full advantage of every single watt of your amplifier
- Sound Off
- Behringer knows that only tonal flexibility will do, so they designed the BX2000H to satisfy the most-demanding bassist - you! It all starts with the vintage-style VU meter for precise input signal level monitoring. That signal is handed off to a musical 5-band EQ that helps you dial-in any tone. And since we all want a little extra sometimes, BX2000H's Deep and Bright switches are always there to launch your tone into the sonic stratosphere! Add to this a dedicated and switchable Shape filter, which offers an extremely wide sonic palate and powerful control over the character of your tone, and you've a lot of tone-shaping ability. A handy Mute switch allows you to tune up silently, and the separate Active and Passive inputs allow you to jump between your favorite basses
- Get Connected
- Equally adept in the studio, on the stage or in your practice room, the BX2000H is replete with convenient options and connectivity to help you get the job done. For recording and live performance applications, there is a balanced DI output with pre-configured Post-EQ so that the tone you produce on stage has the same impact in the back row. Also included is a dedicated FX Loop for connecting your external effects
Dual professional twist-lock sockets (compatible with Neutrik Speakon cables) ensure that your tone is delivered to your speaker cabinet. Footswitch connectivity for the optional FSB112BX footswitch is right on the front panel, so you can remotely control Mute and FX Loop functions. Protecting your
investment, an active cooling system with variable fan speed, DC and thermal overload protectionkeeps your amp from getting as hot as your licks
- Everything in One Package
- The BX2000H has a completely customizable front end and 5-band EQ section built around a warm MOSFET preamp, mated to a remarkably potent, DYNAMIZER-regulated 2,000-watt power section. The BX2000H includes all the extras - DI out, FX Loop, dual speaker outputs, and optional footswitch compatibility - that the modern player demands