Galaxy HS7 Hot Spot & Monitor Speaker
The HOT SPOT monitor series has been the world’s number one personal monitor since it's invention in 1977. There are two basic concepts that have led to the continued success of the HOT SPOT. The first concept was to bring the monitor closer to the performer. Second, was to create a monitor that projects mid/high range frequencies; a frequency tailoring that Galaxy calls controlled bandwidth.
By bringing the monitor closer, the stage volume can be reduced, which, in turn, helps clean up the front of house mix. Its integrated volume control allows the performer to have more control over his/her volume and to hear the other musicians on stage.
There is an all new design of the Hot Spot for 2010. The Hot Spot has evolved over the past 3 decades. Our biggest change, up until now, has been improving our ceramic “old style” driver to our Neodymium “new style” driver. We have improved our latest generation of Hot Spots even more. Our new HS7 utilizes the same neodymium driver as its most recent predecessor, with one significant improvement, there is more low end output. We have developed an all new outer shell design. Our new outer shell is slightly larger with many cool new ‘built-ins’. Being that there is more room inside the cabinet, this creates better bass response.
- The new design of the HS7 includes the convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit. This allows a quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the HS7 angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring.
- The included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand.
- Molded-in yoke bracket points. With the optional yoke bracket assembly the HS7 can be mounted to a wall or ceiling, or attached to a mic stand.
- Microphone boom attachment on top of the HS7 eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone. (Requires optional hardware).
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure.
- Each Hot Spot 7 comes equipped with two Twist-lock 1/4" Combo speaker jacks, all of which are wired in parallel to allow easy "daisy chaining' of multiple Hot Spots.
- 18 dB Stepped Attenuator Volume Control
- 16 ohm Cabinet with Two NEOLITE 5-Inch Drivers
- 200 Watts Continuous Power Rating
- Freq. Response 150Hz-18kHz
- 126 dB SPL (200 Watts @ 0.5 Meter)
- Input Connections: Two Twist-lock 1/4" Combo Jacks (wired in parallel)
- Three Year Warranty